News And Events
- Conference on “Underrepresented Groups in Subnational Politics”
- Political Communication accepts an article written by Professor Brandon Rottinghaus
- Professor Dennis Rasmussen wins a political science excellence award for a recent book
- New research examines candidate selection rules in Britain
- Grad student Chris Nicholson and Professor Brandon Rottinghaus present a paper at a New Orleans conference
- Spring 2009 Academic Advising Schedule
About the Department
Welcome to the Department of Political Science at the University of Houston.
With faculty who excel both as researchers and teachers, the department has a strong tradition of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. In recent years, we have experienced renewal and growth. Ten new faculty have joined us, adding range and depth in a diversity of fields.
- In American Politics, we have added to our expertise in political behavior and the study of institutions: the presidency, courts, and legislatures.
- In Comparative Politics, faculty working on the former Soviet Union and Central Asia now join those with expertise in Latin America and Europe.
- In Political Theory, new faculty have added depth in the history of political thought, particularly in American and Modern Thought.
- In Public Policy, we have an impressive cohort of senior scholars, including the new President of the University of Houston, Renu Khator, as well as recently appointed junior faculty, and the department is affiliated with the Center for Public Policy, which has been active in the discipline as well as in the greater Houston community.
We invite you to explore these pages to learn more about us and to contact the department for further information.